The Friends of Pilrig Park was formed in early 2013 and aims to promote and improve Pilrig Park by working with the local community, local businesses, City of Edinburgh Council and other partners to make positive changes that benefit the park, the local environment and local communities. In short we want to make Pilrig Park is a great green space in the city for all to enjoy!
About the Pilrig Park
The park provides an attractive space for locals to walk, play and exercise their dogs. There are many mature trees, two safe play areas, two football pitchs, and a wild flower garden.
The park was once part of the grounds of Pilrig House, which was built in 1638. It came into city ownership in 1920.
Pilrig Park lies off Pilrig Street, between Leith Walk and Bonnington Road.